GRANGEVILLE: Saturdays: 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. Located on the west side of Day Road, immediately north of the intersection of Highway 95/Grangeville Truck Route. Map. KOOSKIA: Is not currently open from October to March on Thursdays. Open on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to Noon Located at the bottom of the Winona Grade Rd, west of the South Fork Clearwater and the RR tracks and across from Avista power plant and Kooskia Medical Clinic. (Take B Avenue off Main Street (Hwy 13), cross the river, turn left one block and follow the signs.) Map. COTTONWOOD: Saturdays: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Located on Broadway across from Columbia Grain and Primeland. Map. RIGGINS: Always open ( 24/7) Located at the Riggins Rodeo Ground dumpsters. Map.
New E-Waste Program at all Idaho County Recycling Sites. Click HERE. Please NO TVs, desktop computer monitors or batteries
RECYCLING TIPS (sort by category)
PLASTIC BOTTLES & JUGS/NO CAPS: Container top opening must be smaller than the bottom, must be RINSED and lids discarded. Labels may remain attached. (NO plastic bags, plastic clamshells, styrofoam or other plastic trash)
TIN & ALUMINUM CANS: RINSED with labels removed. Lids can be attached, but no loose lids. (NO aluminum foil, aerosols, paint, hydrocarbon, fuel, pesticide or herbicide containers.)
NEWSPAPER, INSERTS & MAGAZINES: Newspaper and inserts, magazines, catalogues, paperback books and phone books. We will take hardback books if boxed separately.
CARDBOARD: Cardboard (all types), brown paper sacks, cereal and food boxes, beverage cases, cardboard tubes and egg cartons. Box tape and staples are okay. Boxes must be flattened. (NO wax lined boxes foil or styrofoam)
WHITE & COLORED OFFICE PAPER: All office paper, junk mail, labels from cans and other kinds of paper. (NO gift-wrap, wax paper, paper towels, tissue or other trash.)
IDAHO COUNTY RECYCLING CANNOT ACCEPT GLASS OR TRASH!
- ICR volunteers need your help to obtain the highest dollar for recycled materials and continue this successful program.
Items MUST be clean and sorted before they are brought to recycling sites.
Assistance is available for those unable to unload their recyclables.
- Please bring your items in a reusable container, cardboard box, paper bag or check out our BAG-IT system.
Volunteers Make Recycling Work
We love recycling and we love new volunteers. If you want to join in on the fun, please contact:
- Margaret Myers in Grangeville 208-983-1563
- Liz Clark in Kooskia 208-926-7231
- Jay Hinterlong in Cottonwood 208-983-2843
- Roy Akins in Riggins 208-628-4101
- Lewis-Clark Recyclers, Inc. 334 2nd Street, Lewiston, ID 83501, 208-746-1187 M-F:8 am to 5 pm
- Shredding Contracts are available (Shredded paper and E-Waste are credited to Idaho County Recycling)
- Cardboard Compacting is available for businesses. Click here for more information.
- Like us on FACEBOOK!!
Questions? Please Contact Us or call Janie Fluharty 208-983-2843
Remember to Reduce, Reuse, Recycle